2011 is looking like it’s going to be a pretty good year. I’ve got big plans. Here, in no particular order, are my goals and plans for 2011.
Continue to be a non-smoker. I kicked the habit on Nov. 19, 2010. I’m saving money, smelling better and looking younger with every passing day. I don’t care if my friends get annoyed, I’m going to pat myself on the back for this accomplishment every day for the rest of my smoke-free life. I plan to buy a pair of ridiculous shoes as a reward.
2. Become Mrs. Randy Mentele. My best friend and love of my life asked me to be his wife on Dec. 22, 2010. We are throwing a big party in South Dakota for all the family and friends who have supported us as a couple during the last eight years. I can’t wait.
3. Roast a chicken. I hear that Ina Garten has a fool-proof recipe.
4. Blog more. This one is just embarrassing, and part of a larger effort to let out my inner creative. I’ve realized over the last few months that this type of activity is vital for my mental well being. I’ve been dabbling in printmaking, embroidery and sewing, so I have no shortage of projects to keep me busy.
5. Read less online news comments. It seems like people tend to be at their lizard-brained worst when they hide behind anonymous internet postings. I don’t know why I spent so much time reading comments in 2010. Not only is this activity a waste of time, but it was ruining any faith I had in the human race.
6. Paint my fingernails more often. No explanation needed. Good luck with all your colorful goals in 2011.